Suiş Proje is responsible for preparation of Flood Management Plans of Euphrates sub-basin.
Fırat Sub basin is located on Eastern Anatolia with a catchment area around 122,000 km2. Project area partly or fully cover following districts of Turkey: Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Mardin, Diyarbakır, Şırnak, Adıyaman, Elazığ, Bitlis, Muş, Kahramanmaraş, Kilis, Malatya, Bingöl, Ağrı, Erzincan, Erzurum, Sivas, Tunceli, Kayseri, Kars, Iğdır, Van.
The project covers:
- Data was collected including digital terrain model, rainfall, river level and flow, soil type, land use, physical infrastructure, socio-cultural environment, economic data, social services, bio-ecological environment)
- Identification of topographic, meteorological, hydrological, erosion, geological, land use/cover characteristics of subbasin.
- Specifying flood susceptible settlements, agricultural and industrial areas based on multi- decision making.
- Exposure and vulnerability data were prepared in GIS environment.
- Locations of historical flood events were determined and modelling results were compared with the historical flood event results.
- Flood hydrograph calculations for different return periods and hydrological modelling.
- 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling for determining inundation and hazard mapping.
- Preparation of risk assessment of related areas and flood management plan.