Eskişehir Wastewater Treatment Plant Final Project
Design Criteria :
2025 year population : 1 200 000
Design discharge : 19779 m³/hour
Incoming BOD concentration : 203 g/m³
Incoming suspended particle concentration : 300 g/m³
Product BOD concentration : 25 g/m³
Product suspended particle concentration : 30 g/m³
Receiving stream : Porsuk River
Designed Facilities :
1. Pumping Station : 6 units of screw pumps with Q = 1.4 m³/sec per pump
2. Screens : 6 units of automatic cleaning fine screens
3. Grid Chambers : 8 pieces of aerated grid chambers each with 320m³ capacity
4. Primary Sedimentation Tanks: 16 units of 2412 m³ capacity per unit, linear scraper type tanks.
5. Aeration Tanks : 16 units of 5400 m3 capacity per unit rectangular aeration tanks.
- Aeration system consist of 4 units of blowers and diffusers.
6. Final Sedimentation Tanks: 16 units of side intake, 5000 m³ per unit rectangular tank. 55% of waste water will be feeded back to the aeration tanks.
7. Sludge Thickener Tanks : 8 units circular thickener and 4 units pumping station.
8. Anaerobic Digestion Facilities : - 12 units of cylindrical, covered, heated tanks
- 6 units of open top, 17 m diameter, 14 m high, secondary digestion tanks
- 3 units of heating center. Compressor units, heat exchangers, heating tanks and pumping units.
9. Dewatering facility : Consist of 4 units of belt filter and polymer dosing
Civil Engineer M.Sc.